6.23.2010

Father's Day @ the Races

This past weekend was Father's Day and we spent out time driving up and down the I-5 corridor...pretty typical weekend. :-)

Saturday Tim got the chance to play golf with his Dad, we relaxed in the beautiful sunshine and wandered the streets of Lynden.

The next day we were hoping for sun for our big day at Emerald Downs, but the track conditions stayed permanently "sloppy." Luckily, we had reserved seats inside at the track restaurant!

 We had a delicious buffet before the races were kicked off by this guy...
Thank goodness it was Father's Day, because my Dad won on nearly every race.  My mom and I...not so much.  

On the last race (that we stayed for) we decided to go for one last bet...
And....
HE WON!!!  


I actually ended up only $5 in the hole, Tim was about $3 down, my Dad managed to only lose $1 and my mom...well...she was a bit more aggressive in her gambling and ended at about $15 in the hole.  Good thing we had limited gambling funds and it was all for fun! 

Photobucket



0 comments: