10.20.2010

A lesson in travel...

set two, maybe even three or four, alarms.

Tim and I are currently sitting in the airport waiting for our flight to N.C.

This morning, I woke up to look at the clock and basically flipped into panic mode as it registered as 7:40 am.  Our flight was at 8:40 am.  We were out the door by 7:50.  There was absolutely no way we were going to make it.

It's days like today where I wish that 1) we could magically appear in locations at the blink of an eye or 2) that flights were delayed more often.  Our flight was on-time.  There was no way we were going to make it.

I ended up just calling the airline and explaining the situation en route.  They were gracious and understanding.  There was one flight option available.  Everything else, every flight, every transfer, was booked.  Even the agent didn't understand that.  It's a Wednesday in mid-October.  It makes no sense.

We ended up taking our only guaranteed option.  We could have tried our hand at the unreliable stand-by, which would have really only gotten us to Chicago, not our final destination.

They waived our admin fees because they felt bad.  I'll let you guess why.

So now we wait and consider ourselves lucky that we were even able to get another flight, but we're also a little bit wiser about our future travel plans.

Still wandering,
Photobucket


1 comments:

Jessica said...

You are almost here though!!! And don't worry, I will make sure you don't miss your return flight...unless you want to...