1.11.2010

"Kiss Me Midnight"/"I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane"

I realized when looking over the blog that I promised to post some pictures from our New Year's Eve celebration in Portland.  I've decided to also incorporate some more information on our preparation and departure from Japan to round out this little post!

Before we left Hawaii, I wanted some pictures of some of the beautiful orchid leis we acquired during our stay (the total count was 4, not including the other Wells').

Taken on our balcony


Our flight out of Maui was actually delayed about 45 minutes, but we managed to land on-time, a late 10:30pm in Portland.  It took us a while to get our bags (we would re-check them in the morning) and find our shuttle to the hotel.  The shuttle was PACKED with passengers from our flight, which we thought was pretty funny.  As far as we could tell, we were the only ones flying to Seattle in the morning.

After checking in, we contemplated just going to bed, we were catching the first flight out of PDX in the morning, but hunger won us over and we headed to the lobby restaurant/lounge.  It seems everyone else on the shuttle/plane had the same idea and the place was pretty full!


We decided a tuna melt and pepperoni pizza were suitable choices to ring in 2010. 

When it close to the new year, the hotel party staff passed out party hats and champagne/apple cider for all of the eaters!  It was a pretty sweet!  And we rang in the new year with a kiss, ensuring a year of happiness (and new adventures)!

The next morning we got to the airport in enough time to surround ourselves with UO Ducks and lots of them!  I wish I had gotten a picture, even the airline had decorated the waiting area in green and yellow.  

We spent the next few days organizing and packing like crazy for Tim's departure.  This is the only picture I got of our packing:



Just in case you were wondering what DVDs we brought.  :-)  It was so overwhelming that I honestly forgot where the camera was until I unpacked it here in Japan!

Tim left on the 3rd and luckily, Tim's parents and sister met us at the airport to say good-bye.  They had their camera, so these next few were provided by Patti! (THANKS!)


My World Traveling and Working Hubby


Saying Goodbye and "You Better Get in Touch with Me ASAP!"


Three days later, I repeated everything again and the rest is history!

Today was the first day of rain that we've experienced.  I have coped with it by staying in my PJs and watching Japanese infomercials and the Disney Channel...Tim still has to walk home.  I think I got the better end of the deal, whaddya think?!



Photobucket

0 comments: