We had wanted to try a noodle place in town called...wait for it...RAMEN (super creative, I know). The guys tried their most popular noodle dish, which I don't remember the name of, but basically consisted of noodles in a milk/butter broth with some veggies and ham. They enjoyed it quite a bit!
After lunch, we started our walk towards the Deiei Mall when I had a sudden urging to go on an adventure! So I asked the guys if they were up for a little spontaneity, to which they both agreed, and we changed our direction towards the train station. Where were we going you ask? Yokohama and the Landmark Tower!
Adam hadn't yet gone to Yokohama, plus the weather was fairly nice, so a little jaunt into the city seemed like a good idea. I got us there without a hitch, of course, but Tim was a little nervous because we didn't have any sort of train map and I couldn't quite remember what station we needed to get off at. I wasn't worried. :-)
Landmark Tower is the tallest building in Japan and has an observatory on the 69th floor. Obviously, this is the highest observatory in Japan. Plus, they have the fastest elevator in the Japan. It travels at 750 meters/second (approx. 2,460 feet/second) and the ride to the top takes about 40 seconds.
Tim's head is 275 meters above ground. :-)
We had a great time walking around the 360 degree viewing area. Unfortunately, it was hazy/smoggy/foggy and we couldn't see Mt. Fuji, but we did enjoy viewing the Yokohama area and the bay.
After coming back down in the elevator, we shopped around a bit in the mall inside the Tower.
I enjoy comparing the American company shops to their Japanese counterparts. Here is Build-a-Bear: Japan...
We stopped in a small store called "Octopus Army" because the name was intriguing and we managed to find some pretty amazing sunglasses.
We were getting pretty hungry, so we headed to the Yokohama Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. (Add it to the list Mom and Dad, I've eaten there!)
Without knowing any of my feelings about *NSYNC, Adam pointed out that one of Joey Fatone's (OMG! JOEY FATONE!) shirts was hanging over a table next to us! I just about died and then I asked the patrons sitting at the table to move so I could take a picture. They totally laughed and then willingly obliged.
We ended the night posing in front of the classic Hard Rock guitar and then caught the train back to Yokosuka.
I hope everyone else had a great weekend, I can't wait to hear all about them! ::hint, hint::
2 comments:
I think you made a great change of plans. Adventure is always the right choice.
Patti
I like the shades. :-)
Post a Comment