Ichi - I went shopping yesterday with some other "Real Housewives of the DOD" at an outlet mall in Yokohama. We were all pretty impressed, but the most amazing part was the Coach store. This is a big brand in Japan, all of the women have Coach bags. I figured that the prices must be amazing if so many people own their stuff. Wrong. So wrong. A wallet, which goes for about $80 at an outlet store in the U.S., was over $200! Most of the purses were in the 90,000-95,000yen range! We were blown away! I now understand why there are always a million and a half Japanese tourists in the outlet store at Tulalip, it's so cheap compared to Japan!
Ni - We're spending the weekend in Tokyo! The military hotel, The New Sanno, was completely booked for the holiday weekend, but I managed to find a hotel in the Ginza district (think Fifth Avenue in NYC) that wasn't astronomically priced. Woot! Tim has asked to spend some time in Akihabara, the electronics area, and I want to visit the Imperial gardens. We both want to go to the Tokyo Tower, Japan's answer to the Eiffel Tower. If you don't know about Tim's obsession with the Eiffel Tower, just know that he took about 100 pictures of it when we visited in 2007. I promise to report back here with some good pictures from our whole trip and I'll try to restrain Tim from filling up our memory card with pictures of the Tokyo Tower. (Somehow I don't think anything could stop him...)
San - If you haven't tried "Google Chrome" yet as your web browser, download it now, it's amazing. My browser is currently decorated in a Cath Kidston theme, much cuter than the old blue Safari!
Yan - The Olympics start this weekend! Woot! Hopefully we'll be able to watch them, but I won't be surprised if we're spending most of the time watching the Japanese athletes. It'll be a new experience for sure!
Go - In the spirit of athleticism...I woke up early on Monday to watch the Super Bowl (GEAUX SAINTS!) and I thought I would be good to geaux when I found Sports Center on the J-ESPN channel broadcasting from the game. Well, as soon as that program was over, they switched to a Table Tennis tournament that is, seriously, still going on 3 days later. That is what ESPN plays here, lots of ping pong.
Roku - I just taught you how to count to 6 in Japanese! Here's a list with pronunciations so you can go show off to your friends and coworkers. :-)
Ichi - (ee-chee)
Ni - (nee)
San - (sahn)
Yon - (yohn)
Go - (goh)
Roku - (roke - the end U is usually whispered)
Nana - (nah-nah)
Hachi - (hah-chee)
Kyuu - (Q)
Juu - (joo)
1 comments:
I enjoyed your "ramblings!" And I know how to count in Japanese! I learned it in second grade, and for some reason it stuck. I can count to 10 actually, but now I can spell the numbers up to six too. You are just so cool.
Post a Comment