This past weekend was the final showings of "The Mouse that Roared" at BCT. I had a fabulous time and it's always great meeting new people. As a newcomer to this area, I really feel like this has been a blessing for me. Plus, I get to live out my childhood dreams of stardom! :-)Actually, I'm even more excited because I was asked by the Head Costumer to walk in a vintage fashion show next weekend at a theatre fundraiser! Last night I got to try on some amazing (and some not so amazing) pieces. I'm wearing a vintage, and very delicate, dress from the 20s and a vintage day dress from the 40s. I absolutely love the 40s dress, so hopefully I'll be able to get a picture of my full outfit...fox fur stole and everything.
Last weekend was also the KCFC annual Fall Fair. I had to work the whole time at the membership and information tables, and I managed to convince Tim and my father-in-law to help out at parking. The day was quite a success for the co-op, we raised around $4000 and recruited 31 new members. We're now just 34 away from meeting our goal for 2010! The food was fantastic, we had some great craft vendors, pumpkins carvings and we seemed to get all positive reviews. It was a good jumping off point for me in my new position.
HAPPY 100!
I guess the only other exciting news, is that this is my 100th post! Yay!! Thanks for sticking around and reading about all our crazy adventures, mishaps, and general happenings. We've got some great things coming up, including a trip to North Carolina, a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, some more condo updates, and a variety of other weekend trips and visitors. I hope you're as excited about the next 100 as I am!

2 comments:
You did a great job in the play, the co-op fair was a lot of fun too, I think the membership #'s from the day speak to how well you did at your booth. I know Tim had fun at his BBall game, he told me quite the story about it.
One question, why the plain banner at the top of the blog? No more fun pictures =(
I enjoyed this hundred and can't wait for the next. I especially can't wait for your trip to NC!
Post a Comment