Now on to the goods...
On Easter weekend we were invited to join two of Tim's coworkers for a flight on their plane. Yes, THEIR plane. I am pretty nervous in small planes, so I had actually been dodging their invitations for a good year. (Tim joined them last year for a jaunt up to his hometown.) I finally decided that it was time to bite the bullet, but with stipulations. I wanted to go to my hometown and eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant. They were game!
D, our pilot, is explaining the safety procedures and helping to calm my nerves.
He even gave me a map to follow our flight path...we were in the air for about 20 minutes.
Lookin' good in the aviators and headgear.
The Olympic Mountains from the air!
We made it! YES! :-)
As we were leaving A-town's airport, we passed these gliders waiting to be pulled into the air.
I asked D if we could fly north to see the Tulip Festival in bloom...
The fields looked amazing and we were so glad we missed the huge traffic jam getting there!
Look at all those tulips!
This is a really beautiful "english-esque" garden.
My favorite field, with its rainbow of tulips
On our way home we passed over the Hood Canal Bridge...
And had an amazing view of Seattle.
D took us on a fly-by of the shipyard! This is where Tim works!
And here's the mothball fleet...there are 4 aircraft carriers sitting there!
Of course, no flight is complete without passing over your own house!
And don't forget...Support Your Local Drive-in!



















1 comments:
This looks like a ton of fun and you got some great pics!
Post a Comment