1.12.2013

We went home...

But just for a visit or two!

I traveled to Spokane to meet my parents over Veteran's Day Weekend. On Saturday my Dad and I drove down to Pullman for the Cougar Football game against UCLA. I couldn't miss the opportunity to see my cousins!
I ::FROZE:: in the stands. Oi. California has made me a wuss when it comes to cold weather. But I persevered and we stayed through three-point-five quarters before my Dad finally relented. The Cougs didn't win, but they did manage to make a small comeback (we listened to the radio broadcast from the car.)
The other reason we met in Spokane was for a family friend's wedding on Sunday. It was a beautiful winter wonderland theme and we all had a great time! 
My parents and I also managed to dress exactly alike without any planning. I have no idea how this happened, but I guess good taste runs in the family. 
The next morning I flew back to Sunny San Diego and my parents drove home in the snow. Ha!

November seemed to fly by, because about two weeks later Tim and I both flew home for Thanksgiving. Only this time we flew to Bellingham - there are two direct flight from San Diego to Bellingham and we took them that week! Tim loved driving his car again, especially after having to drive rentals while we've been here.

Thanksgiving day was celebrated at my parents' house.
 We completed our traditional puzzle in what felt like record time.
 And that evening Tim and I did some Black Friday shopping from about midnight to 2AM. Tim was still on graveyard and would have to go back to work Sunday night, so we made a point to stay up later than usual during this trip.

On Friday the Cougars were playing the Huskies for the Apple Cup, so we donned our gear and watched the game at my Aunt and Uncle's house.

While everyone else watched with eager anticipation...
Tim slept.
 Thankfully he woke up in time to see them play the last quarter and overtime, where we WON!
 GO COUGS!
After the game, Tim and I drove to his parents' house for some post-Thanksgiving celebrations. On Saturday night we went bowling with the family and after one 'normal' round, we gave 'crazy bowling' a try. 
 Every frame is a different stance or style of bowling.
On Sunday we went out to Breakfast and then Tim, his parents, and I went to look at cars before they took us to the airport. I may have test-driven a Mercedes...

Photobucket

0 comments: