6.05.2009

So I apologize for the hiatus this blog has taken over the past few weeks. Frankly, while there have been things going on, pictures weren't involved or I simply didn't get around to writing about it. I'm here now though and I even have some pictures to go along with my stories. Yay!! :-)

To begin things, I am so proud of my hubby, who has PASSED all of his written exams! He is now focused on oral board preparation and should be taking that "exam" in about a month. The powers-that-be haven't confirmed a date yet, but when we know, you will know. Hopefully, he will be fully certified and on the waterfront in a month's time. I can't believe two years of intense training (especially the last 9 months) are almost done! Wasn't it, like, yesterday when this all started???

Next up, we took a little jaunt up to Bainb.rid.ge Is.land for Mem.oria.l Day. I didn't take any pictures, but we shopped a bit and drove around to explore the island. I have said it before, and I'll say it again...I love it up there. So cute and quaint. Plus, the little shops and boutiques are fun to look in, especially when you find things that you've never seen before. Case in point: Ban.anagrams and Wa.sgij.

Banana.grams is a scra.bble-like game, but each player creates their own puzzle independently. It's very fun and so far we've already got T's family addicted. :-) Was.gij is actually a puzzle in reverse. Get it? Wasgij = Jigsaw. You have to assemble the puzzle from the perspective of one of the characters on the box. We worked on it for a few evenings and just put the last piece in last night. This is the box cover and then the completed puzzle:



In general, we've started all of our regular late spring/summer traditions. This is really my favorite time of the year! We've been to a Mari.ner's game (which they won!), had a few picnics and have been to a couple drive-ins. The movies have been incredibly crowded and I couldn't be happier, because it means they're gaining popularity and won't disappear any time soon. Unfortunately, I usually end up watching the second movie by myself because T falls asleep. I guess that's what happens when you usually go to bed around the same time the first movie starts!


At the Mar.iner's game!



Finally, with the weather being so nice, T and I decided it was time to finally bite the bullet and buy patio furniture. We have been looking for a long time and we kept finding things we liked, but that were WAY too big. We have such a small space to work with that all we were looking for was a glider or loveseat. Well, after finding a style we liked at K.mart, we ordered the glider online last week! It FINALLY came yesterday and I had the pleasure of putting it together in the 90 degree heat. I'm including some pictures below so you can admire it as much as I do! :-)


Unassembled in the dining room area.


Halfway there!


All done and on the patio!

Sorry for the hiatus, I'll take more pictures and try and post more often!

0 comments: