I will, however, do a bit of filling in with some of the things going on in our lives.
Be Warned: This is text heavy!
We have had lots of fun doing our usual summertime things. We've enjoyed quite a few movies, including
The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Proposal, Transformers 2, Angels & Demons, and many more. That has to be one of my favorite things about summer, the big blockbusters. I just love them!
We've also taken advantage of some water in our area. We have a pool in our condo complex, so you can bet that we've spent some time down there cooling off in the 100+ degree weather we've had. We also went to the lake with some of Tim's friends from work, had a BBQ, and taught them how to play "Toss and Cuss." They really enjoyed learning the game and, once they got the hang of tossing the balls, really got in it. In case you're not sure what this game is, it's a mixture of golf and horseshoes. I've also heard it called "Horseballs" or "Golfshoes." There are two three-rung ladders set up about 20 feet from each other and two people/teams toss golf balls, connected with rope, at the ladders. The goal is to get the golf balls wrapped around one of the rungs. Usually the golf balls hit the rung, or swing around them and fall off, and that's when the cussing part comes in. :-)
About a two weeks ago, I decided Tim needed an escape from Bremerton, so we travelled North and instead of spending one day, ended up staying the entire three-day weekend. I unfortunately had to drive back home Friday night for my Saturday shift, but I drove right back after work. My only demand was S'mores when I got there and they DEFINITELY complied. While I still consider myself an original S'mores fan (i.e. graham, mallow, chocolate), Tim has become more of a Reeses S'mores fan (i.e. graham, reeses' peanut butter cup, mallow). There were also Chips Ahoy involved at some point. It was pretty crazy.
More recently we spent some time with our friends from school, S & J, who are currently planning their July '10 wedding. We are honored to be a part of their big day and, I especially, have had fun helping with some big things! J and her mom came to Bremerton this past Friday and together we took the ferry to Seattle, where we shopped for her dress! Since this is somewhat of an area of expertise for me, I loved helping her out and sometimes offering an honest opinion! Plus, it was really interesting to compare my shop with some shops in the Seattle/Tacoma area. J actually ended up closing down my store that evening, but found her dream dress! It is absolutely gorgeous and I am so excited to see how the whole wedding comes together now that she has found something.
Right after J came and visited me, we reciprocated and drove to their home town the very next evening to help S celebrate his birthday on Sunday. Their town was being invaded by a motorcycle convention of sorts, so we saw a motorcycle drill team and a little bazaar of fair food, tattoo artists, and leather dealers...a cyclists dream! :-) We ended our stay with a round of mini-golf, I'll give you a hint as to who won: who's not in the pictures?
Finally, here's a late shout-out to my mom who celebrated her birthday on Wednesday! We had a fabulous time celebrating with you on the Seattle Waterfront! Love you madly!
0 comments:
Post a Comment