With all the craziness of packing and preparing for our grand Japanese adventure, we actually started to forget we were even going to be in Maui for the post-holiday season. But we sure are glad that we came, the weather is perfect and we're thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to relax! As a matter of fact, I'm writing this on the patio of our hotel room!! :-)
Our first flight was a commuter to Portland, where we got to ride on this little guy:
We knew about the Coug and Huskies planes, but we also saw an OSU one...I guess it's good the airline doesn't discriminate.
Once we finally landed in Hawaii (after some painfully turbulent rides), we got our rental cars...
I am IN LOVE with the tree lined roads of Hawaii.
We had dinner that evening at the hotel, which coincidentally, is the same hotel I stayed at 10 years ago!
This morning, we had planned a helicopter tour of the island. Tim and I felt that on our honeymoon, the helicopter tour had helped significantly in getting the layout of the land and let us enjoy our time that much more, so it was a MUST for this trip!
Normally I would also post a collage of pictures from the helicopter, but since I'm on Tim's computer and I don't have time to download that program, I'll just post a little teaser...
Don't worry...we didn't stare at clouds the whole time!
Until next time...ALOHA!
0 comments:
Post a Comment