5.05.2010

Tasting our way through the Rosen

In case you don't remember my photo tour of our neighborhood, the Rosen is our local grocery store.  We find ourselves wandering that way to buy ice cream a lot.  For some reason, Japanese ice cream is amazing.  And we've found some very unique forms, like this bar:
Half chocolate & almond bar, half shortbread cookie.  Amazing. 

And since Tim tried the Catnip drink, I decided to try a "meal."  I've seen them in a few vending machines and it was Mango flavored, so I had no doubt it would be good.
And then I opened the top and this came out...
And fell on the floor.
But I forged ahead and tried it anyway...
I can't say that it's very good. 
It's a weird Jelly/juice/nectar/bubble tea-like thing.  And I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a substitute for an entire meal.  Maybe that's how the Japanese stay so tiny...

Photobucket

0 comments: