We decided to try something new and make a comfy blanket and pillow oasis in our trunk/backseat area...
It worked REALLY well!
Tim cooked up some popcorn for us at home and then proceeded to eat most of it before the movie even started...
And finally, we had to get ice cream between the shows...at midnight!
Now a little plea...
The drive-in where Tim and I used to go on dates in S. Everett was recently purchased and torn down to make room for a new hospital. While I think hospitals are great, another piece of American nostalgia no longer exists. Did you know that there are only 7 remaining drive-ins in the state of Washington? Did you know there used to be over 45 of these theaters in the Puget Sound area? If you've never gone, please do. If you have gone and you enjoyed it, go again! Visit www.driveins.com for a list of theaters, links to the drive-in websites and movie listings . And if you're interested, read this article from the Seattle Times about the theaters left in the state.
2 comments:
It was so depressing when they closed our local drive-in for the nebulous 'development' that still hasn't happened due to the economic downturn... so the theater just sits abandoned instead of being packed with moviegoers.
I know what you mean. I feel sooooooo guilty about the times we thought about going to the drive-in and didn't. Sigh. Some things deserve to go on forever!
Love, Mom XXXOOOXXX
Post a Comment