After coming down on Friday night for house hunting and dinner at Olive Garden, we caught the ferry early Saturday morning. Our first stop was the Ye Ol' Curiosity Shop:
Little did we realize that it was "Ichiro Appreciation Weekend!" We each got a free shirt and our tickets were right near the the first baseline foul pole...aka AREA 51!
We got there early enough to watch batting practice and guess what...
TIM CAUGHT A BALL!
And then it was time for the game to start. The man of the hour came on to the field...
And all of the Japanese tourists (did I forget to mention we were surrounded by tourists?!) started crying and taking pictures!
We thought it was pretty funny!
Later on, some more Japanese tourists joined our section, held up these signs (Kanji for Ichiro) and started chanting "Ic-hi-ro-san!" to get his attention. After the game was over (the Mariner's lost), we headed to the big glove for pictures.
Japan styles:
Family style:
Since it was Patti's birthday, she got to choose our next destination and she wanted to get some fresh flowers at Pike Place Market. We each got to get our own bouquet and boy, they sure are pretty! :-)
By the time we got back to the ferry, Timmy was pretty tired...
It seems to me that every time I take him on the ferry he falls asleep!

2 comments:
That looks like a good day! And I can sympathize with Tim. I fall asleep on just about any mode of transportation. :-)
The camera man who took the picture at the glove did I mighty fine job in my opinion
Post a Comment