11.02.2010

Halloweekend 2010

We have an annual tradition here in the Wells household for Halloween and it involves haunted houses and cupcakes.  Sounds like a great combo, right?!  Thankfully, we were also able to spend the holiday weekend with Tim's sister, also an annual tradition.

Laurie and I started the day off right with a lunch of mexican food, while we waited for Tim to get off work.  Once we were all home, Tim had gotten a nap, and we made sure the cupcakes were all ready for decorating, we headed out to dinner and the Haunted Fairgrounds.

Evidently, I have attained VIP status at the fairgrounds, thanks to some sweet theater connections.  We managed to bypass the entire general admission line and we got to go through by ourselves.  Umm...it is way scarier going through a haunted house in a group of 3 (4, if you include our "host," who also managed to scare us several times)! It was an awesome experience and probably my favorite haunted experience ever.

Then it was time for CUPCAKES!
Preparing to decorate...

We had to put in a Halloween movie to set the mood...

Our decorating supplies...

My sweet vampire cupcake...

Tim and my completed cupcakes...

Laurie putting the finishing touches on her cupcakes...

This is what happens when I go to set up the tripod...

 And after several attempts...
 We got a group picture!

The next night, on Halloween, Tim and I had to get the Jack 'o Lantern pizza!
And, for the first time ever, we got trick-or-treaters!  4 kids came to our door for candy!  It may not seem like a lot, but it was sure exciting for us.  I think the kids liked that we gave them handfuls of candy out of pure joy and surprise!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Adam said...

It looks like you guys had a blast, and from talking to you it also seems like you had a really good time. I think it is cool that you guys have developed a tradition like that. Also grats on your trick or treaters!