Here we are with "General Lee."
They also had the "Green Hornet," the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am and "The Mystery Machine" from Scooby Doo. The big celebrity guest and car enthusiast was Christopher Knight from The Brady Bunch. We didn't feel like paying for his autograph.
And since Tim could join us, here are the photos we took for him...
An impala even larger than his and a 60's Chevy (his favorite).
The next day was a shopping and beach day. I didn't take any pictures, because we were having too much fun in the waves!
After Tim's parents left, it was my parents' turn to visit for a long weekend. After picking them up from the airport, we headed north to Temecula to visit the wineries. It was beautiful and HOT and I didn't take any pictures. Fail.
Tim was able to join us on Sunday for the U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge.
The sculptures were amazing! This is the backside of a piece:And it was fun to talk to the artists about their work.
Fun Fact: Because of the sand they used for these sculptures, these could last 10+ years! They were demolished the next evening.
This sculpture was hollow on the other side and each of those little sheets had a name on it:
And this was our favorite of the day (and everyone else's too!) It won 1st place and the People's Choice award.
The rest of our trip involved more shopping than I think I've ever done with my parents...ever. I'm still in a bit of shock. :-) But my Mom has a wonderful new wardrobe for the school year! And I got my birthday present - new shoes! (They know me so well.)
That's it for visitors for the next month or so...








0 comments:
Post a Comment