Last night the master class was supposed to be held in a professional performance setting, but at the last minute they cancelled our group because they double-booked the space. Ugh. My teacher could have either cancelled the whole thing or moved it to a different local, so she decided to hold it in her tiny studio space. We lost our initial rehearsal time with the pianist and the performances had to be split up by "needs accompanist" and "acoustic."
My warnings...
1) I had about three minutes to practice with the piano player prior to my performance. It may or may not be obvious, but it threw me off my game.
2) This is hard music for any piano player.
3) I'm not 100% satisfied with my performance, but I still wanted to post it for family and friends. Plus, I know that I need to overcome my fears about singing in public again. (I spent so many years in the back row of choir!)
4) The video is pretty dark, due to a lot of backlighting. Sorry!
Heed those warnings and ENJOY!
3 comments:
You did really good! Your voice sounds more mature and developed. But, the piano player did kind of let you down. (The thing that bothered me most about the video is that it was shot in vertical... video is never vertical! :-)
Thanks! I tried my hardest to stay with her. And Tim shot the video and half-way through realized that the vertical wouldn't work, but we were able to rotate it in iMovie. It does look weird! :-)
Loved it! Thanks for sharing with us.
Post a Comment