Tim and I flew into Baltimore/D.C. on 7/3/10, after taking the red eye from Seattle. Thank goodness we upgraded to Business Class, because trying to sleep on a plane is difficult! Needless to say, we were a bit D.T.O.A. (dead-tired-on-arrival).
While our first day (and our whole trip, in fact) passed in a blur, we were lucid enough to take many pictures...enjoy.
"I'm only smiling because you're taking a picture."
How many people does it take to rearrange a car...
One determined mother. And two overly zealous children.
"Tickle, tickle, tickle"
Plotting our walk to Union Station...15 miles from the hotel. ;-)
"mmmm...butter"
@ America the restaurant in Union Station
The Postal Museum rocks. Seriously.
Learning the history of postal transportation
"Uncle Tim, I can't see, lift me up!"
"Aunt Arianna, let's crouch down really small so no one can see that we're standing next to an old fashioned postal office."
Chillin' with B.Franklin
"Let's try and attack Aunt Arianna!" A common occurrence.
"What?! You expect us to walk!?"
Touring D.C. on Capital Duck with Captain Bristol. Can you spot us?
Learning Rocks.
What do you get when you cross a police car with a duck boat?
A Police Quacker!
That night Tim and I walked a few blocks from the hotel and picked up pizza for the group. Back in the hotel room, we tried to plot out our next day's, the fourth, adventures. After a bit of research, we found out Mt. Vernon would be having a big celebration, complete with fireworks. How could we pass up spending our nation's birthday at the founder of our country's house? To ensure our admittance to the celebration, we decided to buy tickets online. Our only problem was a lack of printing capabilities. Good thing the hotel had a business center, complete with printers! Ha! If only it was that easy. After 10 minutes trying to get tickets to print on our own and 25 minutes on the phone with a computer technician in Michigan, we asked the front desk for help. They obliged and we FINALLY got our tickets!
Do I look a little frazzled? I felt a little frazzled!

















0 comments:
Post a Comment