(Can you finish the above lyric, from a popular Holiday movie?)
I had my first rehearsal last night for my new show Black Comedy. (For those of you wondering, I got the part of Carol. She is described as quacking...still figuring that out.)
It was my first time reading through the script and...I never leave the stage. Ever. ::freakingout:: Tim pointed out that, at least, I don't have any costume or hair changes. That's a plus!
IN OTHER NEWS:
Most of our days have been filled with work. Tim is working 7 days a week, so our adventures have been very, very limited. This is my excuse for such a lackluster blog. There hasn't been a whole lot I'd like to remember!
I guess my only story is a cute anecdote from this Sunday...
We have season tickets to the 5th for the evening performance. I love this time, because after the show, members of the cast come out and do a "talkback" with anyone who wants to stick around. It's a good chance to ask questions about the show, their career, etc.
The show playing now is Cinderella by Rogers & Hammerstein. There were a lot of kids in the audience, which is pretty much the norm during the holiday season. However, I wasn't expecting too many of those kids to stick around the talkback, I mean it started at 9:00pm! But they did stick around, and they were so funny.
There was one boy, probably 7 or 8, who was literally jumping off his seat to ask questions. His first question was about how the Fairy Godmother changed Cinderella's dress into the ball gown. The emcee/artistic director of the 5th told him "I can't tell you that, it's magic!" Well, lucky for this little boy, the Fairy Godmother came out! Again, he jumped off his seat and he was called on to ask a second question. This time, he went straight to the source and asked the FG how she magically appeared on stage. The actress started going into a long, detailed description of pyrotechnics and stage safety, while the little boy started sinking farther and farther back into his seat. The actress finished her explanation, but sensing that the boy wasn't so into this answer, she ended it with "Never mind, that's all wrong, it's magic!"
Of course, all of the adults started laughing and the little boy perked up at that response. It was probably more of a "the adults are all laughing, so I'm going to smile" situation, but he seemed much happier afterwards. :-)
Can you believe it's only 10 days to Christmas?!

1 comments:
Anticipating this production!
Love, Mom XXXOOOXXX
Post a Comment