9.22.2010

New Games, Old Games

Tim and I have been busy the past few weekends with commitments to our friends, family, and the play.  Thankfully, we've managed to keep everything entertaining by learning some new games and improving on some of our awesome, but rarely used, skills.

First up, we had the opportunity to watch our friends and Japan neighbors get married a few weekends ago.  Before the reception really got into full swing, they had bocce ball set up for guests.  I was wearing tall heels and opted out of participating, but Tim could barely contain his excitement (and competitive spirit)!

Here Tim's lining up his first toss/shot...

 Is anyone really that surprised that he won the first round??

 They had this little girl tossing the ball that they were aiming for...

 which is one of the reasons why they trudged all around this field!
I had warned the other players (all Tim's co-workers) that once he gets competitive, they have no hope...and I was right.  He walked away from the game victorious!

Then last weekend, we spent the afternoon with our friend, Adam, in Tacoma.  We had previously gone bowling on base, but Adam felt like it wasn't a conducive environment to show off his bowling skills.  Little did we know that his average hovers around 190-200...way better than the both of us! We had fun anyway...

Tim was all smiles in the beginning...

 So was Adam, and I was doing pretty well too...

There were a few missed pins...

But then I had the opportunity to break my personal record of 156... 
 And I bombed.  Three-gutter-balls-in-a-row kind of bombed.  

Luckily,  I still beat Tim 2 out of 3 games.  I don't need to mention Adam's score...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Adam said...

I had a lot of fun, we will have to go again, I'm sure you will break your high game. We just have to be sure that Tim's ego can take you beating up on him again.

Jessica said...

Bummer about not beating your personal best. Guess you will just have to go bowling again. :-)